Sunday, June 7, 2009

Color scheme: The Usual

Well, might as well sync mostly everything with the red-black-gray-white scheme I use so often. Coincidentally, the red-black-white combo is also the colors of my school, har har.

When it comes to picking colors, I confess I suck at it. In fact, I find I sometimes get so frustrated it's one of my most frequent complaints to my instructors. Two of them, in two different classes, have nicely asked if I might happen to be color-blind.

Argh. I don't know... I don't think so... I even took some online tests and I'm definitely not the legal definition of being color blind--I just suck at picking colors. (This problem, apparently, doesn't extend to looking at other people's colors--I can generally tell if something is horribly garish or very nicely done.)

It's a big fear I have when being a colorist that I'm not seeing the same colors as my client--or I'm alone in thinking something's okay--but so far I don't think I gotten any complaints...

Blargh, I should probably just keep practicing with my values. If the values are correct, horrendous color combos can be given a pass, especially if the chroma of the hues are lowered.

No comments: